French lawyer, Marcel Ceccaldi, was commissioned by Aisha Gaddafi to represent her brother, Saif al-Islam, a political prisoner who has been detained in the city of Zintan since 2011.
Ceccaldi’s previous cases included defense for Bashir Saleh, former President of the Libyan Jamahiriya and former Prime Minister, Baghdadi Mahmoudi. He fought Baghdadi Mahmoudi’s illegal extradition from Tunisia to the Libya dawn in Tripoli.
Ceccaldi hopes to convince the UN Security Council to cancel the arrest warrant issued against Saif al-Islam, which will invalidate the investigation carried out by the International Criminal Court in The Hague. He will also seek the cancellation of the arrest warrant against Abdullah Senussi.
He plans to meet with Saif Gaddafi and notables of the city of Zintan and assist in mediation towards an authentic reconciliation between all conflicting parties.
- Situation In The Libyan Arab Jamahiriya – ICC Issuance Of Arrest Warrants
- International Criminal Court Arrest Warrant For Abdullah Al-Senussi
- Press Release: Forum Of Kings Of Africa, May 2011
- Libya’s Response To The ICC Issuance Of Arrest Warrants
- ICC Decision To Terminate The Case Against Muammar Gaddafi